Founded in 2006, MCS is a place where children are free to pray and talk openly about the one and only true God. Our goal is to partner with parents and the church to help nurture spiritual growth, intellectual advancement, and healthy development in all other areas of life.
At MCS, we emphasize truth, love, and service in our relationship with God and with others. Our ultimate goal is to teach each child at our school to know God, to love Him, and to enjoy Him while being a witness for Him in a life of service to God and man.
Our Statement of Faith
- In the authority and reliability of the Bible as the only inspired and infallible Word of God. The Bible is the complete and final revelation of God concerning all matters of faith, truth and practice. All truth is God’s truth.
- In the omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent God who is sovereign over all. His sovereignty is seen in acts of creation, salvation and continual care.
- In the Trinity of the one true God, the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, atonement for our sins by His blood sacrifice, His bodily resurrection, ascension, His personal return in power and glory.
- In the Holy Spirit as teacher of God’s Truth and as giver of new life in Christ and who unites all believers in Christ.
- That man is the crown of God’s creation. God endowed man with His image and gave him the responsibly to rule the earth.
- That sin has severely broken the relationships between God and man, man and himself, man and other men, and man and nature.
- That Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, came to earth to offer cleansing for man’s sin and to heal these broken relationships through His cross.
- That man, cleansed through Christ, must seek to live out his life in total commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord of life, which involves reestablishing all original relationships God intended for him.
- In a need for clearly defined goals and objectives centered in the Word of God for the development of the whole person (spiritual, mental, emotional, social and physical) and for the establishing of proper priorities in an individual’s life.
- That God established the family as the basic unit of society. Parents are ultimately responsible for the instruction and discipline of their children. The Christian school is simply an extension of the educational process of the family and the church providing a supportive basis of encouragement to the family and the church.
God has ordained the family as the foundation for mankind. Parents have been entrusted with the nurture, instruction and discipline of their children.
The purpose of Marshalltown Christian School is to assist families in establishing quality education, centered in the Bible, the only inspired Word of God, for the development and growth of the complete person spiritually, academically, emotionally, socially and physically.
God’s Word as revealed in the Bible, is the foundation for the truths we teach (II Timothy 3:15-17, 2:15). Wherever truth is discovered or revealed, God is its source and creator. Jesus Christ is the sustainer of truth, and the Spirit is the revealer of truth (John 16:13-14 and 17:17).
A personal commitment to Jesus Christ and God’s Word the Bible, is essential for all those involved in the educational process, including the family, faculty, staff, administration and board.
Our ultimate goal is to teach the child to know God, to love and enjoy Him, while being a witness for Him in a life of service to God and man.
Welcome to Marshalltown Christian School
I remember clearly how much thought and prayer went into deciding where and how to educate my children, and those thoughts and prayers began years before they entered kindergarten. My husband and I wanted our children to be immersed in a loving, safe, and encouraging environment, but most importantly, a place filled with the presence and knowledge of the Living God. And this is what we found at MCS.
Today’s children need God’s Word and God’s people more than ever. Parents decide whose voices their children hear and learn from for more than seven hours a day. Jesus is King at MCS, and the MCS mission is to bring Him glory each day. If you, too, want your child in a school that shares your values and the Word of God, the choice is clear ~ Marshalltown Christian School.
I invite you to tour MCS, meet our staff, and experience Marshalltown Christian School.
Head of School